2022 Tutankhamun 100 Year Anniversary $2 Coloured Gold-Gilded 2oz Silver Proof Coin
This 2oz silver proof gilded coloured coin celebrates the 100th anniversary of the discovery of Tutankhamun’s tomb.
The ancient Egyptian king Tutankhamun ruled between 1333 BCE until his death in 1323 BCE at the age of only 19. As royal tradition demanded, he was mummified and buried with priceless treasures intended to accompany him to the underworld. The best-known piece from what is probably the most spectacular archaeological find of all time was the death mask resting on Tutankhamun’s head and shoulders. An extraordinary example of ancient Egyptian craftsmanship, it was made from high purity gold weighing approximately 10 kilograms.
Each coin is struck by The Perth Mint from 2oz of 99.99% pure silver with a 24-carat gold gilded edge and rim, the coin is issued as legal tender under the authority of the Government of Tuvalu. The Perth Mint will release no more than 2,000 of the Tutankhamun Discovery 100 Year Anniversary 2022 2oz Silver Proof Gilded Coloured Coin.
- Celebrates 100 years since the discovery of Tutankhamun’s tomb
- Struck from 99.99% pure silver to Proof quality
- Finised with 24-carat gold gilding
- Extremely limited mintage of just 2,000 coins
- Complete with beautiful presentation packaging and a numbered Certificate of Authenticity
*** Shipping from end of May ***