2020 50th Anniversary of the Indian Pacific 50c Coloured Uncirculated Coin
In February of 1970, the first Indian Pacific service left Sydney in New South Wales. When it arrived in Perth, Western Australia, it became the first direct train to cross the Australian continent, and one of the world’s few truly transcontinental railways.
The journey across the Australian continent is considered one of the world’s great train journeys.
An appropriate tribute a true Australian icon, the Royal Australian Mint has issued the 50th Anniversary of the Indian Pacific 2020 50c Cu-Ni Uncirculated Coin.
Bearing a detailed depiction of the train, the coin is also highlighted with blue and yellow, in homage to the distinctive livery of the Indian Pacific NR27 locomotive
- Celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Indian Pacific Railway.
- An official issue of the Royal Australian Mint.
- Struck to Uncirculated standard from copper-nickel.
- Not issued for circulation
- Limited edition mintage of 30,000 coins.
- Australian legal tender – spans 31.51mm in diameter.
- Presented in an official Royal Australian Mint pack.