2022 King Charles III £5 Queen Elizabeth II Tribute Brilliant Uncirculated Coin
On 8 September 2022, Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passed away peacefully at Balmoral Castle in Scotland. For more than seven decades, Her Majesty upheld a promise she made in which she pledged her heart and devotion to the people of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth.
From her coronation, a historic day of pageantry and celebration, to her recent Platinum Jubilee, The Royal Mint had the privilege of celebrating many milestones and special occasions during Her Majesty’s 70-year reign. In honour of Queen Elizabeth II’s incredible life and legacy, The Royal Mint now pays tribute to this truly remarkable woman with a memorial coin collection.
Created by British sculptor Martin Jennings, the obverse of each coin in the collection bears the first definitive coinage portrait of His Majesty The King.
- A memorial coin made in honour of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
- Personally approved by the monarch, the first definitive coinage portrait of His Majesty The King features on the obverse of the coin
- The reverse features a poignant design created by experienced coinage designer John Bergdahl in collaboration with The Royal Mint
- Finished to Brilliant Uncirculated standard
- Accompanied by packaging that captures the story of Her Majesty’s remarkable reign
- Supplied in an official Royal Mint printed wallet exploring Queen Elizabeth II's historic legacy
|Country of Issue
|Year of Issue